The weather has been cold and changeable and we even had a frost on Wednesday which was a bit cruel.I was watching people wander away from the Garden Fair at Sherborne a couple of weeks ago with pelargoniums and all sorts of tender plants and at the time I was wondering whether they would harden them off or just plonk them out and let them shiver and sulk for a few weeks.The lady next door to me called me round to have a look at her pelargoniums (ooh missus !) it was sun scorch as I suspected - you would have thought that at 85 she would have known that by now.
The most prominent flowers this week for me have been the aquelegias - I just love them and all the gardens I look after have loads of them so I will be digging up a few seedlings soon for our own garden.
This next week looks as if it will be warmer so I will be opening the greenhouses and planting out most of the tender plants. At each place I have been bringing them out to harden off so next week will be very busy.


No comments:
Post a Comment