Sunday, 17 November 2013

Its been a very long time

We have had a very busy summer and now with winter encroaching I have more time to write this.Maybe I have been a little disorganized but with the wonderful weather there has been a fair amount of just chilling in the sun.Now that the shorts have been put away for the winter and Christmas is still a fair way away it is time to catch up.
At Stowell I have managed to get the roses up to scratch with some careful pruning and feeding they are now where I would expect three year old roses to be and the topiary is now well under way.
At Milborne Port we have had the best vegetable and flower crop I can ever remember and the backbone for next year has already been set with several rows of garlic planted last week.
The same can be said at Mere with a bumper crop of raspberries (the freezer is full to bursting)
This has all been done despite the filming for 'Far from the madding crowd 'going on around us.I was unlucky at Milborne Port not to be there when the catering van was present which was a shame.The curry was num num num I was told. Sherborne was also disrupted around the Abbey. Did not see anything of the star Carey Mulligan but by all accounts I was unlucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment