Sunday, 16 May 2010

Late frosts

I have just got back from a weeks holiday, pleased with myself for not putting out the tender plants.It would have spoiled my holiday if I had known that the frost was causing havoc at home.
A week walking in mid Wales among some pretty wonderful scenery.Also managed to see some wonderful gardens.I am a sucker for old fashioned walled gardens and Croft Castle in Herefordshire did not disappoint.Although just as far back because of the persistent cold weather as we all are, there was plenty to see from the perfectly pruned apple trees to the huge collection of sedums.We were based in the Elan Valley with a huge area of mountains and reservoirs with lots of pretty little towns with local food shops another of my favourite hobbies!Did some great walks and have got the blisters to prove it. Now back to work and quite a busy week ahead hardening off the tender plants and preparing all the containers as well as catching up with weeding and grass cutting - lets hope it stays dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment