This is the time when everything is growing too fast.The grass looks as if it needs mowing again just after you have finished and the weeds are appearing all the time.
.The weather forecasts here are not very accurate in fact at times complete tosh. I remember last year I checked the forecast the night before as I wanted to spray weedkiller on the drives and pathways and some spot weeding of thistles along the lake.Dry for the next couple of days said Richard Angwin our local BBC forecaster.So I spent most of the day with a knapsack sprayer - a hot heavy job spraying the weeds.I had not been finished half an hour and yes it p****d it down.I was so angry I even sent him a snotty e-mail.It is with this in mind that I am looking at the weather forecast with a little trepidation,frost is forecast, which could spell disaster with the apple trees in full blossom.Fingers crossed he is wrong again.I do hope we get some warmer weather soon though everything tender is looking very sulky.
I split some of the beautiful delicate water lilies and planted them in the ornamental pond which was beginning to get congested this week.However careful you are the soil does escape from the basket so I double line them with old fleece from the carrot beds.They soon burst out though but they do look amazing when flowering.
No comments:
Post a Comment