With the arrival of the long weekend I thought I would get a nice rest - no chance.B&Q took a battering as we got a kitchen unit to fit in the garage some curtain poles and then we went to Wincanton to buy a plate rack and another shelving system to finish off the kitchen. We stopped for a quick coffee ( and for me to put up the plate rack ) and then went into Sherborne for the carnival and Dorset Arts Week we ended up buying a painting from a delightful artist www.katechidley.com which we cannot decide whether to hang in the bathroom or the bedroom.
My main projects were installing the new rainwater butts which I have done and installing the new arbour which I hope to make a start on today.
Considering we have barely started on the garden I think it looks very full of colour.
The trouble with all this work is that there are too many distractions, during the week we were watching helicopters from nearby Yeovilton rehearsing for the Jubilee flypast ,hot air balloons and various carnivals.This afternoon we are going for a picnic at Pageant gardens to listen to local bands and look at more venues for the Arts Week.
No comments:
Post a Comment