The lasy two weeks have been pretty awful - not only rain but high winds that have caused a fair bit of damage.Thank goodness I am a stickler for staking everything.It has also been cold which means things like carrots and peas have just sat there and sulked.
At Mere it has been very busy getting the garden in shape for a garden party today for which,mercifully, the weather looks good.It meant that I was cutting hedges last week in high winds and rain - not easy and even a bit scary at times.I must say the garden looks pretty good now though being on a chalky substrate it dried out very quickly.
At Milborne Port I have been waging war with slugs - all my early dahlias which are now flowering have been beseiged with the blighters and quite a few of the self seeded nicotianas have disappeared. Luckily I am growing on more in the greenhouse for planting out as soon as they are big enough.They will replace the tulips and wallflowers that have been such a huge success this spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment