It finally stopped raining on Wednesday.I had a clearing up job to do at one of Linda's friends whose daughter is getting married on Saturday.It poured with rain nearly all the time I was there.I had the luck of cutting the grass first before it got too heavy.It looked great when I had finished and the weather has been superb this weekend.
I am suffering a little from a hangover this morning as we had our first outside supper this year. The shorts got an airing and I made some homemade pesto and linguine and a nice bottle of French red hit the recycling box.We watched Bradley Wiggins clinch the Tour de France which has been brilliant this year and plotted and planned our garden for the umteenth time.I managed to get quite a few alpine plants from a cottage garden I have been renovating that is going up for rent so they wont miss them.We are planting these on the steeper bits to tie in the edges.Sedums ,houseleeks and some lovely phloxes.At last I was able to get out with the weedkiller and tidy up some of the dandelions that make up fifty percent of the garden.
We went to the Sherborne Art Club exhibition but there was nothing there we were desperate to buy apart from a Purbeck scene that had already sold.I think we have buyers remorse after spending so much on the Fiona Gordon Abbey painting that is sitting in our lounge.We have derived so much pleasure from it after admiring her work for years and cannot believe that we have bought one of her originals.
The weather has improved so much the hot air balloons are overhead again lets hope it stays the same until December.

No comments:
Post a Comment