Sunday, 6 June 2010

Breakdowns and aggravation






Why does the hot weather make everything break down or does it seem worse when you are hot and bothered.When I am busy an unforseen disruption can be really irritating (it actually involved cursing and throwing things - but I 've calmed down now.)Punctures are particularly bad as there is never a good time for them to happen.It is not so bad if it is my beloved Iseki tractor( see picture) which is so old the tyres come off the rims easily and the punctures can be repaired there and then - ten minutes and you are back on the road.The new Mitsibushi tractor and the John Deere mower are a different matter - the tyres are so tight you have to take them to a tyre depot and on a Saturday evening just forget it. So feeling grumpy I thought I would do some watering and lo and behold the tap exploded - a perished seal which eventually I repaired with ptfe and rubber bands after an hour of sweating and cursing because the nut was too tight to loosen easily.
Once I had calmed down though I went for a walk round the garden with the camera and a glass of beer and felt much better.Alchemilla mollis is almost a weed here but at this time of year looks fresh and gorgeous as a backdrop to the lupins.It is such a versatile plant and is able to grow just about anywhere you put it.The borders are looking great but its a shame the poppies don't last more than about a couple of days.
It looks as if the disaster with the sweet peas may be saved I made very late sowing which have germinated at last and I hope will catch up fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment